Product: Bravado Designs Allure Underwire Nursing Bra
Cheapest Place to Buy: Amazon.com at a discounted price
My Rating: 9 out of 10
The Allure Underwire Nursing Bra by Bravado Designs is an underwire nursing bra that has smooth molded cups, breathable fabric, a low profile and a nice supportive underwire that does not pinch or interfere with breastfeeding. It currently comes in three colors of chai, ivory, and black. It is made out of 100% Polyester Lace: 55% Nylon, 20% Polyester, 14% Spandex, and 11% Rayon.
I am an underwire user all the way when I'm not breastfeeding. I just don't feel supported in anything else normally. When I first started breastfeeding it was hard for me to get comfortable with non underwire nursing bras. In general underwire is not recommended while breastfeeding because it can pinch breast tissues or cause blocked ducts. Some women truly cannot use underwire while nursing but some can once milk supply is established. I definitely would not recommend it for the early nursing days though.
I never did use underwire while breastfeeding my first baby until I went back to my regular bras towards the end of our breastfeeding relationship. The second time around though I discovered these! I really wanted to find a bra that was breastfeeding friendly but also had underwire so I would have an option for those times I really wanted that extra support. I have tried several different underwire nursing bras and The Allure by Bravado Designs is the most comfortable and supportive for me. I use this bra for any outing where I want to feel supported and good about myself and my clothes. I love the Bravado Bliss Bra but this one gives me that little bit of extra feeling of support under my clothes.
Since it is underwire I do get that feeling of wanting to take it off and switch to seamless after hours of wear. This is not something I ever noticed with underwire before breastfeeding but after being pregnant and nursing I do notice it now with any underwire bra. So, I don't think I can blame the bra, it's just an effect from wearing underwire after getting so comfortable with all those soft non underwire nursing bras.
- Soft washable fabric.
- Breathable fabric.
- Comfortable straps, band and cups.
- Molded foam cups.
- Cups seem to have a bit of give to accommodate fluctuating breast size.
- Has lace detail on sides and in between cups. There is mesh inside of the lace so it not itchy or uncomfortable against skin.
- Low cut compared to seamless or sleep bras. Looks good under v neck shirts.
- Supportive underwire that does not pinch, dig, or push up.
- Easy to unlatch and latch clips quickly for nursing.
- Durable so far, is holding up well after many washes and wear.
- One of the cons for me is that the cups seem a little big for the size I ordered. I believe this is done on purpose to allow for breast fluctuation but they can seem a little large.
- Other reviewers believe the sizing seems to run small. I did not personally experience this but you may need to try a couple to get the sizing correct.
- Still only comes in the pretty bland color range of chai, ivory and black. It would be nice if there were more color options!
- Material is pretty thin on cups and bra. I did not find this to be an issue but some women are unhappy with the material.
The Bravado Designs Allure underwire nursing bra is a comfortable and supportive nursing bra. It is my favorite underwire nursing bra I have found and I have tried several. While it's not the fanciest, it does the job and is about as comfortable and supportive as you can get while breastfeeding.
If you would like to see what other women think of this bra you can click here.
If you would like to purchase it at a discounted price click here.
Please let me know if you have any questions about the Allure nursing bra. Thank you!
Bravado Designs Belle Underwire Nursing Bra - Breastfeeding Needs
Tuesday 12th of September 2017
[…] I found an underwire bra made by Bravado and I loved it. I have recommended it on my blog for years but then it was discontinued. This wasn’t a huge deal for me because I still have […]