I wrote one of my most popular blog posts a few years ago about my favorite Stylish Breast Pump Bags. I have updated a few times since then as the bags have changed or gone out of stock.
But, this time I decided it was time for a new list just for 2018. All of the bags on my previous list are still great but here are a few new options too.
I became a mom for the first time back in 2012. At the time I had to buy my breast pump out of pocket (thank goodness they are included with insurance now), and I only received a pretty plain black bag to carry my pump.
Besides the fact that these standard issue bags are bland, they don’t offer a lot of great functionality. Breast pumps have a lot of parts, and toting milk back and forth along with all of these parts and a pump fills them up beyond capacity quickly.
Luckily many moms have stepped in to design some genius breast pump bags. Back in 2012 there were hardly any stylish breast pump bag options. Now there are tons. I love it!
Here they are, my favorite stylish breast pump bags for 2018!
One of my favorite breast pump bag designers is Sarah Wells.
She has a newer “Lizzy” Breast Pump Bag (Le Floral) in this beautiful flower combination.
I love florals, especially for spring and summer.
The “Lizzy” bag has always been a popular style, and she continues to offer it in new color options.
I also love the rose gold hardware. I am obsessed with rose gold and have been for quite awhile now. I don’t see it’s popularity fading anytime soon.
Here is some more information about the “Lizzy” bag from Sarah Wells:
- Stylish, durable, lightweight breast pump bag in easy-to-clean performance nylon, beautifully smooth zippers
- Fits ALL portable pumps including: Medela Pump in Style (with or without a case), Sonata and Freestyle, Hygeia, Freemie, Spectra (including S2), Ardo, Lansinoh, and Ameda and more
- Thermally-lined pockets on both sides of the breast pump bag, accessories and pumped milk (which will keep cold within the pocket for up to 6 hours with ice packs) – plus two photo pouches to see your little one(s) while pumping
- All-in-one functionality with two-way snap system; snap sides down for a smaller pump purse, unsnap and use cross-body strap for a large laptop bag (with padded laptop sleeve!) and tote
- Helpful exterior zip pocket for keys, train card and phone, interior zip for everything else
While this is not an actual breast pump bag this is a great addition to any bag for holding those pumped bottles of milk.
I have found as I have moved on from pumping, I use these types of bags to hold sippy cups for all my kids when we go out on outings.
It’s easy to pop a cooler bag like this into a bigger bag and not worry about leaks.
Here is some more information from Sarah Wells about the cooler bag:
- PERFECTLY-SIZED FOR A RANGE OF STORAGE CONFIGURATIONS Cold Gold will fit 4, 8-oz bottles (moms can finally rejoice for a taller breastmilk cooler bag!), or 6+ milk storage bags, a glass Mason jar, or some combination of all of these.
- STYLE + FUNCTIONALITY As always, Sarah brings you the best in both style AND functionality. You’ll love the durable performance nylon, easy-to-clean liner, beautifully smooth zippers, well thought out pockets, a detachable AND adjustable carry strap as well as a signature-Sarah Wells photo pocket for your ID card. It’s all of the special touches that make the Cold Gold brilliant.
- PROTECT YOUR “LIQUID GOLD” Each cooler bag comes with a top-of-the-line custom Sarah Wells ice pack. Keeps breastmilk aka “liquid gold” cold for up to 8 hours, depending on external temperatures. (Just add more or replace ice packs if you want to go longer!)
- SAFETY FIRST Sarah has safety-tested everything. Your Cold Gold cooler AND ice pack have been tested and are *BPA-free *PVC-free *Phthalate-free and *Lead Free.
Here is another Sarah Wells bag. I really do love all of her bags. She was one of the first breast pump bags I tried and she’s only improved them since then.
This bag has come in various color options, but I am loving the navy and white strip for something different.
The straps are made of real leather which is rare for breast pump bags.
More information about the “Abby” bag:
- Stylish, durable, quality, easy-to-clean nylon inside and out with real leather shoulder straps, cross-body strap and logo patch accent
- Fits portable pumps including: Medela Pump in Style (with or without a case), Sonata and Freestyle, Hygeia, Freemie, Spectra, Ardo and Ameda and more!
- Thermally-lined pockets on both sides of the bag for breast pump, accessories and pumped milk (which will keep cold within the pocket for up to 6 hours with ice packs) – plus two photo pouches to see your little one(s) while pumping
- All-in-one functionality and sized perfectly to carry everything you need for pumping plus a laptop and more
- Helpful exterior slip pocket for train card and phone, interior zip and two tufted pockets for everything else
This is another breast pump bag I love. This one is a bit different than the others listed here in that it’s very structured.
This is great for the mom that wants to keep her pumping supplies separate from her work items, and wants to carry a lot of items!
I reviewed this bag when it first came out, it is made of high quality materials and has nice hardware. I felt like it looked like an upscale bag but still had all the features needed in a breast pump bag.
My Spectra pump fit into this one easily.
More information about the New Yorker breast pump bag:
- BRAND NEW FOR 2018 w/ BONUS DUST BAG- Professional designed and ultra stylish, The New Yorker Tote was designed by a working mother to be the ultimate solution for pumping. Easy to clean premium Cordura nylon is ultra durable and free BONUS dust bag will keep your bag looking brand new for years to come!
- UNIVERSAL PUMP COMPATIBILITY- Fits all portable pumps, including Medela Pump in Style, Freestyle, Hygeia, Freemie, Spectra, Ardo and Ameda. Can be carried over the shoulder or cross-body utilizing the 2” oversized strap.
- DEDICATED COMPARTMENTS – Insulated individual lower compartments house your pump and cooler away from your other belongings. Large upper compartment and slide pockets keep personal and baby items orderly. No more losing your keys or phone in a bottomless bag!
- MOTHER INSPIRED AND DESIGNED – Designed by a pumping mother specifically for the working professional. Classy and sophisticated design blends in seamlessly in any work or social environment.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE – Our promise that you will be completely satisfied with the quality and functionality of the New Yorker. Buy with confidence and give a new mother the ability to pump in style!
I have used Ju-Ju-Be diaper bags for years so I was surprised to see they have breast pump bags as well. I have not personally tried these but if they are similar to their diaper bags you cannot go wrong!
One thing I love about Ju-Ju-Be bags is that you can wash them in the machine and they come out looking brand new. The waterproof durability and tons of designs make them one of my favorite diaper bag brands.
Ju-Ju-Be is also known for having tons of organization. This bag is a bit smaller than other breast pump bags but it can still fit a Spectra pump in it.
It may be a tighter fit though, so this is something to be aware of.
Here is some more information about their bags:
- 100% Polyester
- Machine Washable and Air Dry!
- Teflon treated outer fabric so that stains don’t stick and Agion treatment protects the inner lining by inhibiting the growth of odor-causing bacteria, mold and mildew
- Fits most standard breast pumps. Front mommy pocket holds keys (stretch key fob) with plenty of room for more! Inside organization includes zippered pocket & lots of wide open space!
- Carried with the comfy tote handles or its detachable memory foam messenger strap
- Lifetime Limited Warranty against Manufactured defects when purchased from a Ju-Ju-Be Authorized Seller
If you are looking for a larger tote from Ju-Ju-Be, the Ju-Ju-Be Be Pumped Breast Pump Tote Bag is a larger breast pump bag.
I have noticed that the larger the Ju-Ju-Be bag, the heavier it will be due to the thick fabric and durable hardware. This one is pretty large and will hold a lot but may be a little heavy.
Breast pump bags have come so far since my first baby. I have had three babies since then and the bags have only improved.
There are so many options, you are sure to find something that works for you. If you need help fitting a certain pump or finding a certain style or color please let me know and I will see what I can do.
And, as always, please let me know if you have any questions about any of these breast pump bags at all!