Last Updated on
This is so exciting! I was just nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award by Cassie over at My Real Life Moments blog. Please check Cassie out, she has a great blog where she writes about parenting, crafts and a little bit of everything else going on in her life. I am honored and flattered that she thought of me.
I also recently received the Liebster blog award and it really feels great to be recognized by my fellow bloggers!
The Rules of the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site
- Put the Award logo on your blog
- Answer the ten questions sent to you
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer
- Nominate seven blogs
And, the 10 questions given to me to answer..
I think I can handle this. Please bear with me my answers to these questions are probably kind of boring!
1. If you could have one superpower what would it be?
I think I answered this one in my Liebster blog award post and I think I picked flying. I think.
2. What is the last book you read? Did you enjoy it? Why or why not?
I actually just finished Without Conscience: The Disturbing World of the Psychopaths Among Us by Robert D. Hare. That probably sounds pretty weird but I have always had a fascination with serial killers and people without empathy or conscience and it led me to this book. It was pretty interesting and easy to read.
3. What is your guilty pleasure?
Reading books like the one above or watching Dateline, ID channel or Real Housewives.
4. What is your favorite movie?
Hmm that’s a tough one. Too many good ones to name. I have always loved Gone With the Wind.
5. Do you have any pets? If so what are they and what are their names.
I have an Australian Terrier named Ozzy. He’s great and was my first baby.
6. What is your favorite thing about being a mom?
Everything, I just love it but probably the snuggles, affection and laughs.
7. What is your least favorite thing about being a mom?
The exhaustion, mental and physical.
8. What do you want to accomplish with your blog?
Many things actually. For one, help new moms with breastfeeding support and advice. I remember scouring the internet looking up things like ‘is cluster feeding for six hours straight normal’ when I was a couple of weeks postpartum. And while there is already plenty of great info out there I would love to add my voice.
It would also be amazing if I could launch this into a part time writing gig and allow myself more time to stay home and take care of my children. I love writing and find it an outlet.
9. What is one weird thing you do when no one is around?
Well that’s a tough one! And if it is weird and I save it for when nobody is around I am probably going to keep it to myself 🙂
10. How did you get started blogging? What about blogging peaked your interest?
I’ve had an interest in blogging for a long time but between work and taking care of kids I just never did it. Then some changes in my life occurred and it worked out. I learned a little more about blogging and my blog was born.
10 questions for my nominees
1. Do you consider yourself a mom blogger or were you blogging before kids?
2. How did you get started blogging?
3. What time of day do you usually blog?
4. What do you love about blogging?
5. What do you hate about blogging…or at least dislike a little?
6. Have you ever guest blogged on another site and if so where and how did the submission process go?
7. And switching gears, Android or Apple? Or neither?
8. Any pets and did you have them before kids or after?
9. What do love most about parenting?
10. How do you find time to juggle it all, parenting, blogging, running a household and working outside the home if you do?
And my nominees!
These are some of my favorite blogs I have recently discovered. Please check them out and show them your support.