After three babies in less than five years, breastfeeding for those five years straight, and trying more nursing bras than I thought humanly possible I am ready to offer some opinions on the most comfortable and best all around nursing bra. There are many different kinds of nursing bras and in an ideal situation we will have multiple kinds. Sleep bras, seamless bras, supportive bras with more structure, there are even some with underwire. It is hard to find one bra that can be used for everything. But, if I had to pick one...
It would be the Bravado Body Silk Seamless Nursing Bra
Here is some information from Bravado about their bra:
- Luxuriously soft, seamless and wire-free for added comfort
- 4-way stretch fabric hugs your changing shape
- Perfect for maternity and nursing
- Removable foam inserts for shape and discretion
- Easy alpha sizing
- Proprietary, easy open and close, one-handed Bravado 'B' nursing clips
- Full drop away bra cup design for maximum skin-to-skin contact
- Bra Conversion Kit included so you can convert your nursing bra to a ‘regular bra' once your nursing journey is complete
- This style has been tested and is certified in accordance with Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 requirements, which ensures products are free from harmful substances
- The fabric is 91% nylon, 9% spandex/elastane
I have been through some bras and this is the only bra brand and type that I am still wearing my original purchases. I bought a couple of these while I was still in the hospital after the birth of my first baby. And, over five years later I am still wearing them all the time and the craziest part is they still look new!
Now, I prefer something more structured once my baby is older. My youngest just turned one and is not nursing that frequently so I am actually back to wearing regular bras when I go out and want to look and feel my best. The reason for this is because I need a lot of lift and definition. But I can totally wear my Bravado Body Silk and have the support needed too. And, I do pretty much wear them all the time at home, running around with the kids, even while exercising!
I seriously recommend purchasing a few of these if you are currently breastfeeding or pregnant and going to breastfeed. Bravado bras come with extenders and kits to convert them to regular bras when you are done nursing. All of their bras are fabulous but as I said, if you want the best all around comfortable nursing bra the Bravado Body Silk Seamless is it.
You can find the Body Silk on Amazon, or from my favorite Maternity and Nursing store, Figure 8 Maternity.
Please let me know if you have any questions about the Bravado Body Silk Seamless Nursing Bra.