I recently got nominated for my third and fourth Liebster award! Wow, I am so honored, it’s great to be recognized by my fellow bloggers! I was nominated again before I had finished my previous post so I decided to combine them.
My third nomination comes from Lo at Travel the Unbeaten Path. She writes a great travel blog and has a charitable purpose to help at her destinations at the same time. Check it out, beautiful blog and beautiful pictures!
My fourth nomination comes from Alison at The Guilty Mommy blog. A great mom blog about all that stuff we feel guilty about (but shouldn’t) and more!!
If you are not familiar with the Liebster award, it’s a way for bloggers to recognize each other and help grow their blogs. The rules are simple and posted in the image below.
Questions from Lo:
1. How did you come up with your blog’s name and/or premise?
I knew I wanted to start a blog for parents. Initially I wanted to do product reviews because I am always analyzing and researching everything I use. I really felt the need to narrow it down to a more specific niche and since I am passionate about breastfeeding I narrowed in on it. The title breastfeeding needs refers to things you may need while breastfeeding but also the needs we have as moms going through it. I have since branched out from the breastfeeding topic into other areas of parenting.
2. Of all the posts you wrote until now, which one is your favorite and why? (Add a link!)
I love this one I just wrote for my daughter’s 3rd birthday.
3. What’s one of your favorite personal qualities/characteristics?
I am very empathetic and caring for others.
4. What’s your love language?
I don’t know! I am always hearing about love languages but have never checked it out. I guess I need to go learn about it and find out!
5. Are you a planner? Or are you spontaneous?
I used to be spontaneous but having kids kind of changed that.. now I plan most things. Life revolves around naps, food and bedtime. It’s not so bad but definitely different.
6. What is your idea of a perfect trip?
A beach in Hawaii, well really any type of travel is fun.. I love traveling. I suppose a perfect trip would involve well behaved kids and child care of some type?
7. Who’s a source of inspiration for you?
My parents, both successful and very caring.
8. What is your favorite quote and by whom?
I have many quotes I love but not sure about an actual favorite. This is a great one I saw recently –
“Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.”― Jack Kerouac
9. What’s one piece of advice you are tired of hearing from others?
I can’t think of one right now! I guess I am lucky I don’t have too many people giving me unsolicited advice these days.
10. And what’s one that you would like to share. 🙂
New moms, try not to sweat the small stuff. I know it’s impossible not to, but when your baby is so young everything changes very quickly. I spent so much time worrying about this or that and then you wake up a year later and realize it didn’t even matter! Just enjoy your baby! (and I know this advice is much easier to give than follow!)
11. What’s your guiltiest pleasure?
Wine and coffee. Are those even things to feel guilty about?
And now for more questions!
Questions from Alison:
1. What is your favorite childhood book and why?
Tough one, I don’t have a favorite. I love reading and read a ton but can’t think of one that stood out. For little kids any Dr. Suess, Shell Silverstien. I also loved Judy Blume and Nancy Drew books!
2. Why do you love blogging?
I love it, love writing and expressing myself and I find it an outlet. I also love the work that goes into it and reading so many other great mom bloggers.
3. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew-up?
A dancer, a lawyer and I am sure there were a few others along the way.
4. What would be the title of your biography?
Let me think about this one and get back to you 🙂
5. If you were on a deserted island, what one person would you want with you and why?
Another tough one, I don’t think I could pick between my kids!
6. What is your greatest fear?
Losing one of my kids or something happening to us and them growing up without parents. I don’t think about it often or anything, but it’s there in the dark back section of my mind.
7. What song always makes you cry?
Not sure I have one!
8. Where did you take your favorite vacation and what made it so special?
Honeymoon in Hawaii.
9. What was the last thing you thought about before you went to sleep last night?
Probably my blog and all the stuff I need to get done. I always have a long to do list running in my head!
10. What are 3 things you can not live without?
My family, dog and iphone haha.
11. What is the first thing you would save in a fire besides family and pets?
I would probably grab my wedding ring and any other sentimental jewelry. If my husband could get our server that would be great, it has all of our thousands of pictures on it.
My nominees and questions:
My nominee list is abbreviated this time around. I am always on the look out for new blogs though, so let me know if there is someone deserving!I also know some of you are way over the 200 or so followers that is usually associated with the Liebster so feel free to ignore and enjoy the link!
Questions for my nominees: