Last Updated on
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ScotchBriteCleanHoliday #CollectiveBias
As a busy mom with a full house I seriously do not devote a lot of time to cleaning. The holiday time of year is a busy one for us. We have a birthday and party two weeks before Christmas, I have hosted several friends this month, and I am in the process of getting ready to host Christmas dinner. Our main floor is the heart of the house and there is a bathroom on it which is used by all of us and our guests the most. I like to keep this bathroom feeling clean and guest ready at all times. I spend about ten minutes once a week on it, which is easy with the right products and cleaning tools. Having what I need always ready is key to easily keeping any room of the house clean.
Here is how I keep my bathroom sparkling and holiday ready with minimal effort:
1. Keep hand towels clean. I replace them as soon as they start looking too used. I am always doing laundry so having clean towels available at all times is easy. The holiday time of year is a great time to put out some festive colored towels.
2. Keep the soap filled. This is easy to do, and I like to use an attractive reusable container with a little sparkle.
3. Keep the toilet paper stocked in an easy to find place. This is pretty obvious, but I am sure we have all had the experience of being in someones home, running out of paper, and not knowing where it is.
4. Keep cleaning supplies within easy reach at all times. I keep my must have items in an old basket behind the toilet. I keep a DIY disinfectant, a micro fiber cloth, and some flushable wet wipes in addition to our stash of toilet paper. I also have my Scotch-Brite® Disposable Toilet Scrubber right behind the basket. These few items are all I need to keep my bathroom fresh and guest ready.
5. You can create a cheap DIY home disinfectant with vinegar and water. We have hard water and vinegar works well on the water lines around the sink and outside of the toilet. Just combine one cup of vinegar and one cup of water in a reusable spray container. Apply a little to the micro fiber cloth or spray directly and those hard water spots will come right off, and the surface will be disinfected as well.
6. Dust the baseboards as needed, take out the trash, and clean the floors if needed. Our entire main level has wood floors so the bathroom floor gets cleaned at the same time as the rest.
In addition to the busy holiday time of year, I was injured this fall and had to take it physically easy for about two months. This made cleaning my house more challenging than normal. Between our packed schedule and an injury I need tools that make life easer. One of the tools which makes cleaning the bathroom a breeze is the Scotch-Brite toilet scrubber. I love that I do not have to bend over much while using it which is helpful in not re-injuring myself.
To use the toilet scrubber you simply attach the scrubber (stored in the caddy) to the wand, scrub, and throw it in the trash when done, so easy. The wand button makes it easy to remove the scrubber without touching anything dirty.
The toilet scrubber scrubs the messes you’ve been leaving behind, and it also reaches the messes under the rim which are easy to miss with other products. If you don’t look under there often be ready for an unpleasant surprise. It’s disgusting, and the Scotch-Brite toilet scrubber has a unique shape and flexing head that makes reaching this under the rim area effortless. There is a built in cleaner with bleach alternative and pumice, so no need to use any extra cleaner, and it works well on those hard water and rust stains.
I used to clean my toilets the old fashioned way, but nope not anymore. Oh, and did I mention how nicely the storage container fits behind my supply basket? It’s slim and unobtrusive.
8. And, last but not least of my tips for keeping a bathroom holiday ready, is to keep everything stocked so I don’t run out suddenly. I have a Harris Teeter in my neighborhood. I can practically walk to it, lucky me. I picked up Scotch-Brite toilet scrubbers and scrubber refills recently right in the cleaning aisle. There’s a buy one get one Disposable Toilet Scrubber Starter Kit Offer at Kroger and Kroger banner stores which started in store December 4th too.
And there you have it. A clean, guest ready bathroom in less than 10 minutes a week and with minimal effort. Please let me know if you have any tips you would add!