This bra was provided to me to try by my favorite maternity and nursing store, Figure 8 Maternity.
Bravado Designs makes most of my favorite nursing bras. I have used and loved every bra I have tried from them over the last five years of breastfeeding.
Like many moms, I hated giving up underwire when nursing and while I found many nursing bras worked for me without underwire, there were still times I missed having the extra support.
Eventually I found an underwire bra made by Bravado and I loved it. I have recommended it on my blog for years but then it was discontinued. This wasn't a huge deal for me because I still have several and they have held up well but I was hoping they would come out with another underwire bra at some point.
And, my wish has been answered! Now Bravado Designs has come out with a new underwire nursing bra called The Belle Underwire Nursing Bra by Bravado Designs.
Bravado did a lot research to come up with a special underwire which is designed to move easily with your body, bending however needed to keep us comfortable while nursing. I know having the right kind of underwire while breastfeeding is critical to prevent issues like clogged ducts or mastitis. This flexible underwire is combined with a super soft fabric, and I have to say it is one of the most comfortable nursing bras I have tried. It is much softer than even my previous favorite that I mentioned above.
Here is more information from about the Belle Underwire Nursing Bra
- Petal-Soft™ fabric for absolute comfort
- Super soft foam cups with gentle stretch accommodate your changing shape
- Pretty nursing bra with a modern, smooth design and feminine details
- Unique and flexible underwire designed to support different breast shapes without constriction and move
- Supportive nursing bra with convertible criss-cross straps
- Foam cups offer discretion for the perfect nursing t-shirt bra!
- Complimentary bra extender included
- Proprietary, easy open and close, one-handed Bravado 'B' nursing clips
- Full drop away bra cup design for maximum skin-to-skin contact
- This style has been tested and is certified in accordance with Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 requirements, which ensures products are free from harmful substances
The ability to criss cross the straps and the included bra extender make it easy to get a great fit. I love having these options since our shape can change a lot between pregnancy and nursing. This bra also has two color options, amethyst and black. It's pretty stylish as well and does not look like a nursing bra. All Bravado bras also come with a converter to make it a regular bra once done breastfeeding.
I have always found Bravado bras to be high quality and last for years. My first bra from them which I purchased in the hospital after the birth of my daughter five years ago is still in perfect condition. I know it's hard to believe, but true.
Sunday 17th of September 2017
Hi Victoria here just wanted to say thank you for a great site, it provides us with good access to quality products that have been tested and you get the best feedback from mums available to aid and support you. Thank you Victoria.
Saturday 16th of September 2017
Hi Victoria here, it sounds like a very good bra for the support of the heavy bust for mum's who are nursing. To be able to undo the cup with the one hand is extremely important & practical for nursing mums. And it's nice to wear a bra that complements your bust while you are a nursing mum.