I am so honored that I was nominated by Ali of Little Miss Poof for a Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. Please check out her blog where she writes about all kinds of parenting and mom topics. I met her through my Creative Blogger’s Networking group, which is one of the BEST networking groups for bloggers I have found. This is my second Sisterhood of the World Bloggers award and it means so much when a fellow blogger recognizes you! Thank you Ali!
The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award is very similar to the Liebster award. It is given to bloggers by bloggers as a way to get to know each other better and recognize other blogs.
The rules are pretty simple
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their site.
2. Answer the 10 questions sent to you.
3. Make up 10 new questions for your nominees to answer.
4. Nominate 8 other bloggers, link them in your post and notify them of their nomination
The questions for me to answer
1. What do you love about blogging?
I love writing as an outlet. I hope to connect with other mothers going through their own breastfeeding and parenting journey and offer some support. I also love connecting with other bloggers and even the social media aspect of it all.
2. If you could have any superpower what would it be? And why
Ha, I am pretty sure I have answered this one before and I think I said flying. Why? Because flying is cool right? I mean why wouldn’t you want to fly.
3. If you were living out your dream right now, what would you be doing?
Tough one. My dreams have changed as I have gotten older and had children. I am sort of living the dream right now getting to spend time with my kids and write. But a tropical location and more world travel would make it even better.
4. How has blogging impacted you?
Well I discovered a passion for writing that I did not really explore in the past. It has also brought so many wonderful writers and blogs to my attention, and I have learned so much from reading them.
5. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Summertime, fun at the pool, and roaming the neighborhood with friends. I hope my kids get to have that kind of fun even though things seem to have changed and kids do not do that as much these days.
6. What is your life quote or verse?
“Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.”
7. What does a typical day look like for you?
Wake up, take care of my kids for an hour or so, then let them play while I attempt to catch up on social media and blog tasks. Then I try to run errands and get us out of the house for some fun. We do this most days unless someone is sick or the weather is horrible. Deal with the craziness of the dinner and bedtime hour, and then relax with my husband. At some point I try to blog, either in the morning before they are awake, or after they are in bed.
8. When you were little, what did you want to be?
A dancer, a lawyer and many other things that did not pan out. At some point I decided to pursue IT which is where my career has been up to this point.
9. What are you afraid of?
The normal parental fears about something happening to my children or them being unhappy. And spiders.
10. What blog are you loving right now?
Our Creative Blogger’s Networking group leader, Amy’s – Planning Playtime. She always manages to make me laugh or think.
The Questions for my nominees
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. What are your long term goals for your blog?
3. What do you love about blogging?
4. And what do you hate, or at least just dislike?
5. Do you have children and do they influence your blog?
6. What is one thing you have learned about blogging that you never would have thought of before hand?
7. What are your hobbies outside of your blog?
8. Do you work outside of the home, stay home or do a bit of both?
9. How do you juggle it all?
10. Tell me one thing about yourself that most of your readers do not know?
Please check out my nominees!